Avast Review – Avast Endpoint Protection is definitely an anti-virus solution for companies searching to protect both endpoint workstations and file servers. It provides a main management component, which will come in 2 variants: Small Office Administration, for basic networks and Enterprise Administration, for complex networks. The administrator can schedule scans, patch updates and tasks throughout the off hrs or when workers are from their Computers, so productivity isn’t impacted by maintenance requirements.
Avast Small Office Administration is really a computer software developed by AVAST Software. The most typical release is 1.3.8213, with more than 98% of installations presently by using this version. Upon being installed, the program adds a Windows Service which is made to run continuously without anyone’s knowledge. By hand stopping the service continues to be seen to result in this program to prevent functing correctly. It adds experience controller service that’s set to instantly run. Delaying the beginning of this particular service can be done with the service manager. The setup package generally installs about 43 files and it is usually about 29.33 MB (30,759,930 bytes). In accordance with the general use of users who’ve this placed on their Computers, the majority are running Windows 7 (SP1) and Windows 8. While about 69% of users of Avast Small Office Administration range from United States, it’s also famous Uk and Canada.
Avast Small Office Administration is suitable for small , simple personal computers with as much as 200 computers and/or servers, and therefore it’s not hard to use and contains only one-level grouping of Avast Endpoint Protection clients (managed clients). Avast Enterprise Administration is suitable for complex computers and/or servers systems connected having a size, therefore it has hierarchical grouping of Avast Endpoint Protection clients (managed clients) in the tree structure, which can be based on, for example, the geographical or business structure in the network, and enables to assign appropriate administration access legal rights and policies individually for each group.
Follow these steps to setup Avast Small Office Administration with Avast Endpoint Protection clients :
- When the prerequisites are installed and the machine is restarted, or if no prerequisites were missing, the Avast Small Office Administration Setup wizard is displayed. Click Next to continue installation. Click Quick Guide for more information about Avast Small Office Administration.
- Confirm the terms of the End-User License Agreement by selecting the option I accept the terms in the License Agreement. Click Next to proceed.
- Select the appropriate license option :
- Insert license file – If you already purchased a license for Avast Endpoint Protection, save the license file License.avastlic(attached to the confirmation e-mail sent after purchase) to your computer. For example, on your Windows Desktop.
Enter the file path the folder where you saved it,
…or click Browse… to browse for the appropriate folder.
- Request demo license (Requires Internet connection) – Download a temporary demo license during installation.
Throughout the 30 day demo period you have to purchase and insert a legitimate license file to continue using the product. For details to insert the license file, browse the following article :
- Avast Endpoint Protection: Inserting the license file into Avast Small Office Administration
Click Next to continue.
- Select the appropriate setup type :
Recommended Setup Type
- Select Recommended setup for express installation of Avast Small Office Administration with default settings.
- E-mail ConfigurationEnter details of your SMTP Server to enable various e-mail notifications from the Avast Small Office Administration, for example to deploy the Avast Endpoint Protection clients (managed clients) remotely by e-mail or receive e-mail reports and system messages.
- Administrator‘s e-mail – E-mail address to the network administrator or person responsible for managing the Avast Small Office Administration, like for example email@example.com, which should be primarily used to resend e-mail reports.
- SMTP Server Address – Host Name or IP address of your outgoing e-mail server, like for example smtp.example.com or 192.168.1.25.
- SMTP Server Port – Port number of your outgoing e-mail server, SMTP protocol uses TCP port number 25 by default.
- From address – E-mail address that will appear in e-mail notifications sent by Avast Small Office Administration.
- Use Authentication – If your outgoing e-mail server requires Username and Password authentication.
- Use SSL – If your outgoing e-mail server requires encrypted connection over SSL protocol (Secure Sockets Layer)
Click Next to continue.
- Create a password for the admin user to login to Avast Small Office Administration. The password must contain at least 6 alpha-numeric characters.
Select whether or not to create a shortcut icon on your Windows Desktop. Click Next to continue.
- Click Summary to review your setup configuration before installation. Use the Back button to return to a previous screen and change the configuration. When configuration is ready, click Install.
The Avast Small Office Administration Setup wizard displays installation progress.
- When the installation is complete, a link is displayed to open Avast Small Office Administration in your web browser. Click Finish to close the Avast Small Office Administration Setup wizard.
Avast Small Office Administration will be installed on your machine. Double-click on the shortcut icon in your Windows Desktop to spread out it inside your web browser, or make use of the website linked within the final step of setup.
Important : Use the link for Secure encrypted connection while accessing Avast Small Office Administration from WAN (e.g. the Internet) or from untrusted LAN. When accessing from trusted LAN or from the hosting server itself, use the link for Standard unencrypted connection.Tags: Avast Antivirus, Avast Endpoint Protection