IMPORTANT NOTE : In July 2015 Avast GrimeFighter has been replaced by Avast Cleanup.
Avast Review – Computers’ performance can be affected by numerous factors, for example adware and spyware, faulty hardware components or even the numerous files left out when uninstalling applications. Avast GrimeFighter 2017 is really a dedicated software solution that allows all users, both novices and experts, to judge the status of the PC and go ahead and take proper measures to enhance its speed.
The application has a highly intuitive and user-friendly graphic interface that automatically analyzes the present computer and detects all of the aspects negatively change up the overall performance..
Avast GrimeFighter 2017 is a tool for improving and optimizing the speed of the computer. GrimeFighter may be the premium component of the Avast Anti-virus, to get it even if you’re while using free version.
This handy application essentially does three things :
- Improves your computer boot time
- Increases your computer speed
- Provides you more free hard-drive space.
GrimeFighter free scan will come in all Avast anti-virus solutions, Free Antivirus including. To run the free scan just open your Avast interface, go to ‘SCAN‘ and choose ‘Scan for performance issues‘. You need to get the next screen using the scan results. For that actual clean-up and speed-up process, you need to activate GrimeFighter.
GrimeFighter scans your Windows system for present ‘grime’ like malware, adware and spyware, or intrusive toolbars. Plus it scans for unnecessary programs that are being run in the start-up of your Windows, and optimizes the body settings to create your pc runs smoother. To make up more free space it scans for redundant files in your hard-drive.
Follow these steps to free download & review of Avast GrimeFighter 2017 :
You are able to download the free scan tool in the official Avast website or click the button below :
Avast GrimeFighter Pricing/Licensing
Regrettably Avast GrimeFighter isn’t entirely free of charge. If you can download the free scan tool however it only scans your pc (if it is compatible) and shows you exactly what the full version can perform – as around the scan summary screen above.
If you wish to really clean and speed-your computer, you need to buy the full license (activation code). That is alternatively quite cheap should you consider how great and helpful the product is. Prices is as follows – 1-year license for $19.99; 2-year for $39.99, and 3-year for $109.99. 30-day money back guarantee as always.
If you choose to buy the full license, just open your Avast and go to ‘Tools’ » ‘GrimeFighter’ » ‘Optimize My PC’ and choose the subscription length.
System Requirements for Avast GrimeFighter 2017
- Operating system Microsoft Windows 8 / 7 / Vista / XP (any Edition, 32-bit or 64-bit)
- Processor Intel Pentium III or above
- 512 MB RAM memory or above
- 600 MB free hard disk space
- Internet access
- Please note there are other specific system requirements which are automatically checked by GrimeFighter Free Scan tool
Avast GrimeFighter Pop-ups and How To Disable Them
You are able to sometimes begin to see the Avast GrimeFighter pop-up notification originating from your Avast anti-virus. Usually it states ‘Performance Alert! We found X bits of evidence that Grime is slowing down your computer.‘ and has the blue button ‘Optimize My PC‘ at the bottom.
Avast GrimeFighter Install/Activation
If you have already purchased the full license for Avast GrimeFighter, follow the instructions below to run it
- Go to Avast user interface » ‘Tools’ » ‘GrimeFighter’ » ‘Optimize My PC’ and GrimeFighter should start running, if not follow the next steps
- Click on the link ‘Do you already have a subscription?’
- Sign in to Avast Account with the e-mail you have used during the GrimeFighter purchase
Avast GrimeFighter Refund Process
As other Avast products, also the Avast GrimeFighter comes with 30-day money-back guarantee. If you for any reason (i.e. GrimeFighter is not working on your computer) want to refund your purchased license, follow these steps
- Submit a ticket to Avast Support at https://support.avast.com/Tickets/Submit
- Select ‘Avast Customer Service’ » ‘I want to file a complaint about an Avast Product, Service, or other…’ » ‘I am not satisfied with the Avast product performance.’ » ‘Other Avast products’ » ‘Avast GrimeFighter’ » Skip product/VPS version » ‘Personal Computers’ » ‘Computers with the Microsoft Windows operating system’ » Select version of your Windows » In the message field simply ask for a refund.
- Someone from the Avast Customer Service will get back to you with the details of the refund process